Production Coordinator - Sr.
Responsible for the preparation and execution of the short term and mid-term schedules in assigned area. Expedite tools, materials, and manufacturing information to assure meeting committed shipping dates. Perform complex manufacturing coordinating and planning assignments, including the structuring and loading of bills of material to the computerized Materials Management System.
- Coordinate with the Buyer/Planner and Production Control Supervisor to ensure that all schedules are executed in a manner consistent with the Master Production Plan.
- Utilize a CRT to obtain order status. Take necessary actions to correct inaccuracies in the data base in order to maintain data integrity.
- Expedite the tools, materials and information to ensure on-time delivery of components and assemblies. Setup and release jobs to manufacturing.
- Prepare short term and mid-term schedules for a section or facility. Analyze these schedules to determine overloads and under loads and recommend actions to level the load.
- Understand the complete flow of work through the area or section so that, in conjunction with the Production Control Supervisor and Operations Manager, changes in flow can be accomplished to make the area or section run more efficiently.
- Dispatch and control all work orders in the assigned area.
- Maintain accurate status of all work in the area.
- Dispatch material to the area in an orderly and timely fashion to minimize work-in-process inventory. Review and make recommendations to material safety stock levels.
- Review Releases to Manufacture (RTM) received from Drafting: (1) to determine proper placement of each part released, (2) for errors on the release form, and (3) for duplicate release of components previously released. Interface with Drafting to correct all errors found, and enter all good releases to the data base via CRT.
- Responsible for reviewing Revision Notices (RNs) received from Drafting for complete description of changes required and taking necessary action based on the information on the RNs, such as making changes to the production structures, writing change notices to purchasing, and canceling work orders that are no longer required or creating new work orders that are required.
- Manually requisitions material when necessary to meet manufacturing schedule.
- Review completed work orders for material cost discrepancies and complete production order transactions.
- Assist in training of other production coordinators and/or production clerks.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Extensive interdepartmental contacts with operating and staff departments, including Engineering, Drafting, Purchasing, Marketing and Manufacturing Engineering.
- These contacts require the exchange, explanation and interpretation of technical information related to problems involved in the preparation and execution of short-term to long-term schedules.
- Also need to follow-up and update the manufacturing progress report.
- Interface with visiting customers and expeditors to review material status and production schedules.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two years of college in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Five years in Production, Inventory Control or Production Planning experience is required.
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of the use of integrated manufacturing systems such as MRP II.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.