National Sales Manager - Gear Products
Plans and directs sales and marketing activities of organization's Gear products by performing the following duties personally or in concert with other Sales Managers and Business Unit Managers.
- Establishes strategic sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for Gear Products.
- Develops and executes comprehensive strategic sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of Gear Sales.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for effectively managing GEAR Products Expense Budget.
- Directs Distribution and OEM development activity by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Achieves satisfactory market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of sales results, and takes corrective action to guarantee the achievement of sales and marketing objectives.
- Oversees and evaluates sales and adjusts strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions as necessary to achieve Yearly Sales Targets.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Delivers and assists with sales presentations, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals with key clients in coordination with sales management and sales representatives.
- Provide Sales & Marketing Reports to Executive Management Team as necessary to show Strategies and Progress of Gearing Sales Efforts.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes as necessary to ensure Gearing Product Goals are met.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all Gear Products, promotional materials, and events.
- Close Support Coordination with Gearing Inside Sales and Applications Team in Round Rock, TX as well as with Motovario USA as necessary.
- Coordinate with Motovario USA Management and Sales Team to ensure all Strategies are aligned for success with minimal Market / Channel Conflict.
- Responsible for hiring dedicated Gearing Salespeople Regionally as Gear Business increases.
- Grow Distribution Business outside of the National Power Transmission Companies by implementing Master Distributor / MAC Center Model. Secondary Power Transmission Company Distribution will be on a Case by Case and Approved to Proceed Basis only.
- Coordinate and develop Corporate Gearing Contracts with strategic End Users and OEM’s. Work with National Sales Manager – Core Products, Regional Sales Managers and Business Unit Managers to incorporate all or as many of TWMC’s other products into these Contracts to provide a solution package for the Customer.
- 80% Travel is required for this Position.
- Attendance required at Management and Sales Meetings Regionally as well as at TWMC Round Rock Headquarters as necessary.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Manages subordinate Outside Salespeople.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four Year College Degree in Business or Engineering; and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.