Manufacturing Specialist 1
Junior member in manufacturing team; performs assignments with minimal direction. Receives assignments from Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, or Supervisor. Assists more highly skilled team members and directs and trains lower level team members.
- Works in a variety of manufacturing areas to include machining, winding, coil and other assembly, painting, testing, and shipping;
- Demonstrates specialized skills such as welding, metals joining, equipment operation, and process knowledge.
- Performs in process quality checks to include electrical testing, close tolerance measuring, and documentation.
- Operates move equipment and makes normal overhead crane lifts.
- Reads and interprets complex manufacturing drawings and process specs.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area.
- Arrives at the work station on time with minimal absences, and adheres to all company policies.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TWMC standards.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Works well with team members. Has interface with customers and other division workers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Above average reading and math skills.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Manufacturing Apprentice or 2 years of similar electrical or mechanical experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret language on drawings and understand oral instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Receives direct assignments from team leader or associate team leader. Works with minimal guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, sit, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.