Human Resources Manager
Perform a variety of tasks in fulfilling main responsibility, which is leading the organization’s HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and recruiting levels. Oversee the Human Resources department activities and staff for TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company (TWMC) and TECO-Westinghouse Motors (Canada) Inc. (TWMI) and TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company S.A. de C.V. (TWMM).
- Direct the creation and update of human resources policies by formulating, interpreting and recommending HR procedures, preparing and maintaining Employee Handbooks, keeping current on legislative changes and regulations concerning human resources for the US and Canada.
- Manage HR team in regards to benefits coordination, wellness plans, recruitment and placement, and staff training and development. Manage and consult with external partners and legal counsel as needed when performing HR duties.
- Support HR activities initiated by the parent and affiliate companies and participate in Corporate Social Responsibility project with the parent company.
- Conduct employee training and orientation, administer benefits program, compensation analysis and other competitive data and prepare budgets.
- Resolve employee relations, costs, and performance management concerns with management. Keep organizations compliant with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations.
- Promote healthy relationships between staff and management through mediation, handling labor disputes and guiding department managers through employee issues.
- Maintain competitive stance regarding pay and benefits by administering wage and salary policies, setting pay structure(s), monitoring performance appraisals to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization and merit increase programs.
- Supervise the application of established Human Resources policies in employee relations; wage and salary administration; employment; benefits administration; training; EEO/AA; HRIS and safety.
- Manage work permit or immigration matters for foreign nationality employees including necessary work visas (H1B, L, E, TN) and requests for permanent residency. Manage international assignment or cross-state relocations.
- Perform a leadership role in recruiting, interviews, and selection of employees to fill vacant positions. Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Design and oversee records of benefits plans and administration such as insurance and 401K, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducting exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Perform managing responsibilities of the HR department in carrying out HR duties mentioned above.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university in Business Administration or Human Resources, and minimum ten years HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, and safety.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous experience in international companies, manufacturing, and companies with 200+ employees preferred.
- Management experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to manage and support remote employees and companies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- GPHR certification highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.