Entry-Level Shipping/Receiving Coordinator
Provides sales assistance to regional personnel; Coordinates activities of workers regarding receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, materials, supplies, tools, equipment, parts and shipping in Distribution center and/or warehouse by performing the following duties.
- Shipping transactions in an SAP environment.
- Schedule pick up & deliveries with freight carriers.
- Prepare export documents for international orders.
- Prepare bills of ladings.
- Process UPS & FedEx orders.
- Familiar with filling claims with freight carriers.
- Trace & track shipments as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to perform all duties of the Receiving/warehouse personnel.
- 3 years’ experience in receiving/stores/shipping or warehousing or customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in processing orders through UPS and FedEx.
- Understanding of hazardous shipments a plus.
- Experience in scheduling pickup and deliveries with freight carriers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use of calculator and personal computer; familiarity with Microsoft applications desired.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.