Credit and Collections Administrator
Perform credit, collection, and related duties for TECO Holdings companies, as assigned.
- Collect internal and external credit information (D&B, S&P, customers’ websites and other public information sources) and present risk assessment for each account and propose credit limit and over-limit exceptions.
- Conduct credit investigations of accounts upon the request of management This includes contacting customers' banks, suppliers and sales personnel to obtain relevant credit information.
- Review transaction GOA, issue credit/shipment release orders in line with the company’s guidelines. Report the exceptions, the violations, and errors on a real-time basis to the management.
- Develop and execute collection plan for assigned accounts.
- Contact assigned customers by telephone or letter to effect payment of invoices or learn of problems relating to them.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints by working with sales department, customer service and company personnel.
- Produce routine reports for management in regard to account receivable aging, write-off, and etc.
Personal Computer Responsibilities
- Update accounts receivable files for payment, credit, customer, and other information as required.
- Format standard collection letters and other types of correspondence under the prescribed standard format.
- Transmit and receive data communications to/from the prescribed banks and customers.
- Prepare, send and receive telecommunication information such as E-mail, D&B reports, etc.
- Produce customer payment reports as required.
- Process and apply customer payments via SAP.
- Prepare legal documents as needed.
- Maintain group mailbox.
- Assist with cash/ wire payment identification and posting.
- Process credit card payments.
- Provide assistance to new personnel and to clerical personnel.
- Establish and maintain a filing system tailored to the needs of the office.
- Process requests for D&B reports.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Frequent intradepartmental contacts to obtain and/or supply information, data or instructions necessary to carry out normal position duties.
- Frequent contacts with customers, sales, customer service and company personnel to effect payment of invoices, to resolve customer payment problems and to support account maintenance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. in Accounting or Finance) from four-year college or university; or high school diploma/associate degree plus at least 6 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.