Accounting Associate II
Perform a variety of accounting functions including the review, audit and processing of accounting documents relative to billing and receiving. Prepare and issue statements and reports as required. Frequent interdepartmental and intra-departmental contacts with shop and office personnel, involving explanation of related information. Frequent contacts with outside suppliers concerning their invoices.
- Preparing, issuing and processing invoices and payments, as well as maintaining financial records of customers. Coordinate the billing procedures with sales, receiving and other departments.
- Analyze travel expense reports and examine travel balances for compliance with state, local or government policies.
- Perform data entry function for general ledger.
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Have proficiency in operating a microcomputer to generate a variety of outputs.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Perform other related additional responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related general accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.